Easter 2011

>> Thursday, April 28, 2011

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalms 126:3

Easter was SO much fun!! I am so blessed to have a big ole family who loves to spend time together!!  In my opinion, the more people I have to play with..... the better!! 

I started off my Saturday going to Nora Kate's birthday party with MeMe and Pop.  I love singing Happy  Birthday and having some cake! 




After the party, I went back to MeMe and Pop's where everybody was getting ready to pose for a family portrait.  Mommy says we make quite a beautiful group!!  Auntie Beatrice is missing from this picture because she was the one who took it with MeMe's phone.  But don't worry..... her and baby Cecil are in all the 'real' ones!



Even though I was tired of being still and was just ready to play with Harrison, I had to pose for one more picture because MeMe says she never has a picture of all of us together...... At least I got to sit down for this one!  



Look at the cute bunny eggs Mommy made! 
 
  Of course, she had some help from Daddy & MyMel!



After my nap, I got to go on my very first boat ride in Daddy's boat!  He even let me help him drive some!  It was great fun!!  I just couldn't understand why we couldn't jump in and swim! 




I always knew Papa and BayBay were cool but Easter proved it!  They got two big piles of sand brought to their backyard so that Harrison and I could play!  I wasn't too sure about it though because you know how I am about my hands and feet being dirty!  I would play some but then I would have to stop and clean a little bit!  





As you can see, some of the adults just couldn't resist playing with us!  We even buried Daddy!!  I wasn't too sure about all that!

Easter morning at church was wonderful!  I got to carry in a flower and put it on the cross and then the choir sang almost the entire time!  I love it when they sing!  I get to dance and sing along.  I didn't know some of the words, so I sang Jesus Loves Me and the ABC Song part of the time! 


After church, we made more pictures...... imagine that! 


I love Mommy and Daddy!! And, I love getting to sit on a fence!





I love Bradley too!!  Did you know she is going to live with me this summer? I am SO excited!

Mommy says an Easter celebration would not be complete without some bunny ears, some presents, and an egg hunt!  Luckily for me, we had all three!!



CeCe and Uncle Robert had the egg hunt at their house!  I found lots of eggs and got some fun prizes!!  My favorite egg was the one I found in Bradley's basket!!  I looked down, reached in to grab it, and said "found one!"  Of course, she let me keep it!

Okay -- talking about Easter and what a great weekend I had would not be complete without mentioning some of the great presents I got from the Easter Bunny.  One of my favorites was a gun that shoots bubbles when I pull the trigger! The best one of all was MY VERY OWN digital camera!  I love taking pictures and looking at them!  Mommy can even hook my camera up to the computer and download my pictures.  So, you better watch out.....  a picture I take of you might be appearing here on the blog!  Oh yeah, I can't forget the blue chenille bunny Aunt Fidi gave me!  He is so soft!  I named him Blue Bunny!



Finally --- most definitely the best part of the weekend for me --- I got the coolest present EVER from Hike!  No..... it is not the funny looking bunny hats that we are wearing in the picture..... It is a video of ME!!!  It has pictures of me since I was born and it even has me singing my favorite song --- Barbara Ann!!  Hike taught me that song!!  I sing it all the time!  Hike is SO much fun!!  She teaches me cool stuff and plays chase with me and plays the piano with me!!  I LOVE HER!!  I have been watching my video over and over every day since I got it!  It is now my favorite movie!! 



I had a fabulous time with all my great family and I love all my awesome presents!  But remember the real reason for our Easter celebration  ~~~ HE HAS RISEN!!

Love,
Porter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

For "Comment as:", please choose Name/URL and enter your name! Porter given names such as CeCe are perfect!!

Photobucket

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP